Dear Nobody but Many Bodies

Urthyme
Actions in the 21st century doesn't matter as much as they did in past centuries. Now, it's all about words. People are starting to believe in music more than they believe in their own religion. They give more respect to an artist of music than they do to their own love ones. Society is ranting opinions on sexuality more than they are on war. It has been said that social media is connecting the world, but it is splitting us apart. Now that people can hide behind accounts to bully others and share their controversial opinions, words have become bullet holes to the human flesh. Account users have the power of being anonymous, which only adds to their adrenaline to pull the trigger. Social media can be positive only if you subscribe or follow the positive people on social media. Unfortunately, it is very hard to follow positive people when everyone is the same. For example, Instagram has become the leading app for social media users. I call it a digital neverland because it shows everything you want to see but can't believe. You can visit the Eiffel Tower digitally thanks to photo sharing, but you also see perfection. Yes,, perfection doesn't exist, but thanks to effects and something being frozen, you can create an illusion of perfection. That's exactly what Instagram does. You only see the moment or the pretend moment that you believe what they want you to see. Instagram is a made up world that give human beings the opportunity to craft what they want people to see. Usually when it comes to art, people construct their own meaning behind it, but that's not the case with this app. It's not the case with many social media apps. We ask ourselves, "Why am I so addicted to social media apps?" Well, the answer is the unknown obvious. We want what we craft to be real. We want what we express or see to not be an illusion of perfection, but rather perfection. We're drawn to what we want but can't have. It's called human nature and it will ride our backs longer than the end of time.