Teacher Appreciation: Growing Up

Jmoran-360
Nowadays, many students believe that those teachers who are always annoying them or are always calling them out in class for “no reason” are mean teachers. I am not going to lie, I once thought like those type of students too until my 8th grade year.
Back when I used to be in middle school and even before that I used to be a really shy kid. I never really talked to anyone, never raised my hand to answer or ask questions to a teacher. I was scared to be wrong, to be able to take risks. Throughout my life I have missed many great opportunities because of my shyness. Until 8th grade year I had this really cool teacher who changed and helped me out with my problem.
The way she did it was incredible. She had everything that was necessary in order to change me. Patience, motivation, optimism, charisma these were the strong qualities that she had. Even though I hated being called on to go up and present something to the class she always did it and I knew that she knew that I knew that she knew that I hated to be called on. After a while of me getting comfortable with my class later did I realize why she kept on doing that, to take away my shyness.
Because of this teacher, I was also able to learn new things. The way she taught was perfect because she would always “hoodify” the information she gave out to the class in order for many of us to understand the concept more clearly. It actually did felt like I was being taught by a friend than by a teacher.
Personally, teachers like her really do need to be appreciated more instead of being hated on. These teachers don’t bug students just to get on them, they do it for a cause. A cause that later on will open up the eyes of those students without even realizing that it was in order to change their lives for their own good. Luckily, I am one those students who did realized in time and therefore I will always appreciate this teacher no matter what because thanks to her I am who I am today, have what I have today, and also learned to appreciate the little things of what others can’t see meaningful. Thank you.