Teacher Appreciation: Fourth Grade

leslye390
Teachers do a lot for us and we have to appreciate every single one of them because without them, we wouldn’t be where we are at now. Even though every teacher is great, there will always be that special teacher that really helped you through many hard times. For me it was always hard to get close to a teacher because I’ve always been a shy person, but the amazing things about teachers is that no matter what a lot of them keep trying to get close to you.
It might seem like a long time ago but I still remember how my fourth grade teacher helped me through a lot things. She was there for me in a lot of situations and even though sometimes she was strict at times she turned out to be one of the best persons to come into my life. During fourth grade I didn’t talk English only Spanish, I understood it but I never had the courage to speak it because I was scared to say something wrong and be humiliated in front of the whole class. My fourth grade teacher knew I was always nervous to say something but she wouldn’t let me go places unless I would say it in English, if I wanted to go to the restroom I would have to say it in English. She would start with small phrases like that and little by little it kept increasing until I felt comfortable and thanks to her I could overcome the fear of feeling embarrassed every time I tried to spoke English. She ended up becoming someone very important to me and still, to this day, every now and then, I go visit her.
Without teachers who know where we would be right now. I am very grateful for all my teacher, and even though some might of helped me more than others, they all did the best they could to teach me what I needed to know. I feel like sometimes teachers don’t get the recognition they deserve but they are truly amazing for having to deal with many kids, and for being able to help each and every one of them, because that doesn’t seem like an easy job.