STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Teacher Appreciation: Fourth Grade

leslye390
Teachers do a lot for us and we have to appreciate every single one of them because without them, we wouldn’t be where we are at now. Even though every teacher is great, there will always be that special teacher that really helped you through many hard times. For me it was always hard to get close to a teacher because I’ve always been a shy person, but the amazing things about teachers is that no matter what a lot of them keep trying to get close to you.
It might seem like a long time ago but I still remember how my fourth grade teacher helped me through a lot things. She was there for me in a lot of situations and even though sometimes she was strict at times she turned out to be one of the best persons to come into my life. During fourth grade I didn’t talk English only Spanish, I understood it but I never had the courage to speak it because I was scared to say something wrong and be humiliated in front of the whole class. My fourth grade teacher knew I was always nervous to say something but she wouldn’t let me go places unless I would say it in English, if I wanted to go to the restroom I would have to say it in English. She would start with small phrases like that and little by little it kept increasing until I felt comfortable and thanks to her I could overcome the fear of feeling embarrassed every time I tried to spoke English. She ended up becoming someone very important to me and still, to this day, every now and then, I go visit her.
Without teachers who know where we would be right now. I am very grateful for all my teacher, and even though some might of helped me more than others, they all did the best they could to teach me what I needed to know. I feel like sometimes teachers don’t get the recognition they deserve but they are truly amazing for having to deal with many kids, and for being able to help each and every one of them, because that doesn’t seem like an easy job.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy