Impact with a teacher

Leslie.Marquez17
Leslie Marquez
05.29.2015
It was on a Thursday morning when i was really rushed up trying to complete my work and it was so much work! At 10 a.m to be exact i was in my business class i had messed up a spreadsheet and you know what that means right? Messing up on just one little step can cause you to do the WHOLE spreadsheet all over.
From queries to reports and so much more! How horrible, but i was still standing patiently and trying to come up with the solution. Although, there was no solution whatsoever except for to just do it all over again. Remember carefully that all this was going on during 10 a.m.
I tried on my own and also asked a few classmates to see if they could possibly help me. But they all said they were struggling with the same thing before when they were completing the assignment. That it was better for me to ask the teacher.
I actually didn't want to go up and ask my teacher because she was so busy talking with some other students and not even about the class but let's say kind of talking about unecessary things laughing while I was struggling. That is another thing some teachers that i have encounter with tend to do. They are so busy talking to others that sometimes the students are scared to ask because they don't want to interrumpt they're conversation.
I finally went up to her asked her if i could finish that assignment the next day because i had a whole bunch of questions but she quickly did not even let me finish my sentence and said "NO!" "well... uhh could you give me a pass for my next class then so i can stay here and finish?" she turned around did not say a word to me and i was still standing there waiting and what did she do? She continued having her conversation with the other girls.
I honestly think that teachers should not have any favoritism with students and should actually be patient to ALL the questions students have. You want to know what time she FINALLY answered my questions until 12:15 p.m I couldn't have my lunch i was there 2 full hours waiting for her to help me and when she did, she did not even fully helped me. 10 minutes later she told me "Okay Leslie i have to go get my lunch because i feel like i am going to passt away" Like seriously?! you did not help me when i needed to i could not have my lunch because of you and now i can't finish my work because YOU have to go get your lunch? I was pretty upset, but that is the story of when i had a negative encounter with a teacher.
Comment by angelica.christine

I know exactly how frustrated you feel. I think that a good teacher is one that welcomes questions, and will work with the student.

The fact that you made an effort to understand the material means that you want to learn, and most people will respect that. :)
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 10:29:45 PM