Teacher Appreciation: Inspiring Young Minds

msm1854831
Although many people find school tedious and a nuisance, I have always enjoyed it. I dedicate this love of learning to my 4th and 5th grade teacher, Beth Flynn. Beth, as she liked us to call her, always greeted each student every day with a smile and a handshake. This simple gesture made each of us feel welcome and mature, despite our young age. She valued hands on learning and set aside time every week to meet with each student individually to plan their schedule. This individualized learning allowed each of us to learn and grow at our own rate to ensure no one was left behind. Beth also took us on numerous class trips including the Grand Canyon, space camp, and a tall ship expedition which not only enhanced our learning, but furthered or cohesion as a class. I made my life long best friend during those years and I dedicate our friendship to Beth. Although it has been 6 years since being in her class, I still feel influenced by her in every class that I take. She taught me the value of working hard and the value of myself as a person, and for that, I am forever grateful. Currently, Beth is still teaching upper elementary school and even at the age of 70 is taking kids on trips, providing hands on learning, and inspiring young minds with wondrous possibilities.