STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Teacher Appreciation: Not Only A Mentor

gabimartinez
Throughout elementary, middle, and high school I have had my share of teachers that I like and others that I am not a huge fan of. But throughout my educational career I had never had a teacher that I actually developed a relationship with and genuinely enjoyed seeing every day until my junior year of high school. In the first trimester of my junior year my father passed away. Most of my teachers emailed and shared their condolences for my loss but one teacher seemed to genuinely mean what she said. This teacher is Mrs. Talle. Before my loss Mrs. Talle and I had really only said hi and bye to each other, but when this came around she shared in her email that she has lost her father as well and that I could reach out to her about anything. I believe her sharing that she has had the same loss opened a window for something for the two of us to bond over. Mrs. Talle allowed me to stay in her classroom frequently when I was feeling down or had the urge to talk about things with her. Eventually our conversations lead to knowing more personal information about each other. I have never had a teacher who has been able to carry a regular conversation with me as if we were just friends, not teacher and student. The reason why I believe Mrs. Talle is such a great teacher is because she knows how to relate to students. She doesn't instill fear or dead seriousness in her classroom but she does know when to put her foot down. Mrs. Talle is so fun and bubbly and her classroom is very inviting because of her amazing personality. Along with her great inviting personality she is willing to take as much one on one time as a student needs in order to understand the material being taught in her class. I can honestly say that I do not only view Mrs. Talle as a teacher but a friend as well, and I have never been able to say that about a teacher till I met her. Thank you for everything Mrs. Talle.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy