Teacher Appreciation: An Inspiration in My Life

Reena167
“A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.” This quote by Brad Henry shows the huge impact teacher have on children. They are the source of inspiration in the young because children look up to them. But being a teacher is not an easy job because it requires much hard work and time. A good teacher is able to help out their students not only educational but also morally.
Throughout my life, I was convinced that in order to become a good teacher, one should be strict and respected. In my mind a good teacher has to control his or her student and command obedience and respect. But that all changed when I met my math teacher junior year. As a kind and patient woman, she not only inspired me to work hard but to also do the right thing. Because she was the teacher of a higher math class, she had probably seen many struggle to get a good grade in her class. By inspiring us and sharing her enthusiasm for math, she touched each and everyone of us in her own way. Her true love for math and her ways of presenting it to her students, inspired us to also follow our passions. Also unlike other teachers I’ve had, she showed that a teacher did not have to be perfect and serious but could make mistakes and crack crazy jokes. Throughout her lesson such small phrases as “don’t kill any butterflies,” “I don’t know but I’ll find out,” and “star for you!” helped us to control ourselves in order to give others a chance and also to never give up. Her small actions and words helped me to look around me and see how others were different from me. She also put us in her shoes when at the end of the year, we were to teach the class at the end of the year on a topic for which we prepared carefully. Throughout this project, I saw the many difficulties teachers face in preparing for a lesson and present it in a way so that all students understand it. The hardships I faced in learning the lesson and making sure that each student in the class understood the topic, provided me with a different view. It showed how teachers are truly exceptional in that they had to reach each individual student with the lesson. This demonstrates how teachers are amazing people who struggle to help others.
Though many criticize teachers and complain about classes, they do not understand the true difficulties of helping educate students. Only once placed in the teacher's own shoes does one realize their greatness. Thus through her quiet demeanor and goofy personality, Ms. Brooks inspired me to help educate others and make an impact in someone’s life like she did for me.