Teacher Appreciation: Honors Humanities

kelvinguyen2
Teacher Appreciation: The one who inspired.
Starting 10th grade I was a small and shy boy. Entering Mr. Currie's class I saw a brightly dressed man with a grin that shined across the room. His complexion lighten the room and his jocular attitude made every student welcome. His affable nature allowed students to become more open and talkative. During the course I learned about the arts, English, and more. Mr. Currie not only did he teach us the subject, but he taught us how to be better people. Mr. Currie is an example of an amazing teacher who will always inspire and encourage his students to be the best they can be. As being a survivor of cancer Mr. Currie demonstrated what it was like to be a hero and great educator. His personality lit up the room and allowed everyone to become more comfortable. He did everything possible to try and get his students to be involved and be proactive with their leaning. He taught more than just a class. Not only being a teacher of English he spent time with special needs students, as the leader of Friendship club he took time out of his day to make sure special E.D. students felt welcome to the community. He made sure they had friends and did activities outside of school. He was so involved with his students he tried to make a special connection with every student and made sure to say a friendly greeting everyday such as “good morning” or “how are you” to make your morning more special. He also noticed when you were in a rough situation and was very understanding. His kind attitude allowed students to not only learn effectively but in a friendly manner. He is retiring this year and will be missed by all. From his hero project to his unique voice greeting the class with “Hello my name is Mr. Currie” his students will never forget his kind actions and special teaching style. He provided student with a great environment to learn and get away from the world. He allowed his students to express themselves no matter how weird and spontaneous their actions were. He welcomed everyone with open arms and tried to provide students with a great education. From bible stories to learning about famous culture heroes he will forever be missed. Even though his jokes were mediocre his effort was well appreciated.

Comment by davidglines

Teachers are usually those who inspire and motivate us to create, to learn, to be modest and generous, to live a full life.
I had 2 teachers who actually changed my life dramatically. And one of them was the most passionate and still the strict teacher I have ever seen. She was like a mysterious Valkyrie who created magic every time she entered a classroom. Luckily, I managed to be her graduate course work student and as an essay writer, she helped me with the basics.

David
Posted: Monday, October 1, 2018 12:01:28 PM