STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Teacher Appreciation: Honors Humanities

kelvinguyen2
Teacher Appreciation: The one who inspired.
Starting 10th grade I was a small and shy boy. Entering Mr. Currie's class I saw a brightly dressed man with a grin that shined across the room. His complexion lighten the room and his jocular attitude made every student welcome. His affable nature allowed students to become more open and talkative. During the course I learned about the arts, English, and more. Mr. Currie not only did he teach us the subject, but he taught us how to be better people. Mr. Currie is an example of an amazing teacher who will always inspire and encourage his students to be the best they can be. As being a survivor of cancer Mr. Currie demonstrated what it was like to be a hero and great educator. His personality lit up the room and allowed everyone to become more comfortable. He did everything possible to try and get his students to be involved and be proactive with their leaning. He taught more than just a class. Not only being a teacher of English he spent time with special needs students, as the leader of Friendship club he took time out of his day to make sure special E.D. students felt welcome to the community. He made sure they had friends and did activities outside of school. He was so involved with his students he tried to make a special connection with every student and made sure to say a friendly greeting everyday such as “good morning” or “how are you” to make your morning more special. He also noticed when you were in a rough situation and was very understanding. His kind attitude allowed students to not only learn effectively but in a friendly manner. He is retiring this year and will be missed by all. From his hero project to his unique voice greeting the class with “Hello my name is Mr. Currie” his students will never forget his kind actions and special teaching style. He provided student with a great environment to learn and get away from the world. He allowed his students to express themselves no matter how weird and spontaneous their actions were. He welcomed everyone with open arms and tried to provide students with a great education. From bible stories to learning about famous culture heroes he will forever be missed. Even though his jokes were mediocre his effort was well appreciated.

Rate this:
Comment by davidglines

Teachers are usually those who inspire and motivate us to create, to learn, to be modest and generous, to live a full life.
I had 2 teachers who actually changed my life dramatically. And one of them was the most passionate and still the strict teacher I have ever seen. She was like a mysterious Valkyrie who created magic every time she entered a classroom. Luckily, I managed to be her graduate course work student and as an essay writer, she helped me with the basics.

David
Posted: Monday, October 1, 2018 12:01:28 PM
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy