Teacher Appreciation: A Teacher Who Brings Out The Best In Me

valvan
Junior year is the toughest year of high school, and the idea of taking AP Language and Composition that year was always a decision I thought I would regret. On the first day of school I sat down, feeling uncomfortable because I was surrounded by students who had previously taken Honors English, a class I only took freshman year. Felt overwhelmed from the new faces, new environment, and a new teacher: Ms. Wadbrook.
This teacher walked into class with so much optimism, a cute outfit, and a British accent. Our first assignment was to write down words that come to mind when we think of sneezes. I had such a fun, laughter filled experience doing this assignment and I knew that I would enjoy this class. From then on, this teacher and I always shared jokes, and she really made learning such a hard level of English enjoyable for me. Whether I had failed a test the period before, or only slept for 3 hours that night, her accent and jubilant personality always seemed to wake me up and pour some life into me. She has really shown me the beauty of reading, word choice, writing, and arguments which has gone from being a chore, to enjoyable assignments that I am able to express my feelings through. Practicing for the AP exam was always an activity that brought out many nerves in me, but when I took the test I had numerous flashbacks to the fun times in Ms. Wadbrook's class led me to having no doubts that I passed. Ms. Wadbrook is one of the best teachers I have ever had and has made me go from hating this subject to loving it more than ever. This woman changes lives and I feel very blessed to have her be a part of mine.