Teacher Appreciation: There is only one like her

blanca.touza
Seño Elsa is one of the funniest teachers I have ever met. She makes the whole class so exciting to start the lesson because of her enthusiasm and her amazing job as a teacher. Elsa is our Cultura Humanistica and Spanish teacher. And what makes her the best teacher is not only that she is able to make us laugh with her funny comments and anecdotes, but the difficulty that this subject has when it comes to explaining your pupils so that they can understand it and keep the information for longer than just the exam. Cultura Humanistica is not easy at all to be explained because it is all about myths, Latin and Greek culture, and even though, she is the best at it as she is able to make us understand what the meaning of the myths are. But the most important thing is that we are able to learn a lot of cultural things not only by studying it by hard but by laughing.
What makes Seño Elsa the best teacher are a few qualities that not every single teacher has. For example: when we don’t get a good grade in an exam she comes to you and talks about what happened and how you can do it better in the next exam. Instead of reminding you that you have failed and comparing you to the good and excellent students. There are teachers that do that and they should understand that not everybody is good at everything and that each one of us is good at our subject in a different way. She also understands the problems we sometimes have because she has also been a teenager. But the most important thing about being a good teacher is that you have to know when to stop a joke. Because of their funny jokes and comments some teachers have not had their respect as a teacher but as a ´friend’ of their pupils.
I think the best way for us to learn and like a subject depends on how the teacher teaches it and what methodology he or she uses. The best way for me personally is doing practical exercises instead of just learning a lot of theoretical information. A lot of teachers are doing that nowadays because they have noticed that by just studying eight whole pages we learn nothing. Using ipads, tablets or computers for example to prepare a presentation help us more to remember the information and I think that should be part of our education because we have to start using technology in our studies too.
In conclusion, I think Seño Elsa is the best teacher because most of the qualities a great teacher should have, she has them and she always tries as hard as she can to make us a better person each day. She is preparing us for the future we have to fight for and she has always that positivism that we need.