Teacher Appreciation: Humans Too

UyTran
Teachers are one of the most beloved people in a student's life. Without teachers, students would not learn. However, the relationship goes deeper than that. On average, the high school student spends half of their typical week day at school and making interactions with their teachers, which can add up to more time with teachers rather than one's own parents. As a result, teachers are vastly affect to a student's development.
I can recall a very special teacher, in the fact that he made me realize that teachers had lives as well. I will refer to him as Mr. Frank. He had children, one of which I had classes with. However, the way he revealed his true humanity was through the creation of a humorous anecdote. Mr. Frank recalled that a student saw him at the local grocery store, and asked him, "You eat food?". This jocular expression led to Mr. Frank explaining that teachers were, indeed, human. Although this was something I had already known, it never truly approached my mind. In addition, Mr. Frank was the first teacher I can remember to make me think about the human pressures that teachers go through by openly talking about himself as a teacher.
Another important teacher to me will be retiring this year. As a result, numerous students decided to throw him a surprise going away party for all the things he had done. Mr. C was extremely patient and always brightened his students' days. I am ashamed to say that I slept through most of the class. However, whenever he caught me dozing off, he always woke me in a positive manner and understood that my lack of attention to his lesson was not against him personally. In addition, he was the first teacher to make me feel ashamed for not doing well in his class; this was despite the fact I did not enjoy the subject of humanities. Overall though, he made me deeply appreciate teachers and what they do for us students.