Teacher Appreciation: Literature from another view

Eli_Winchester
For as long as I can remember, I have been passionate about languages, more specifically English. In retrospect, it all started in kindergarten with my parents’ adamant choice of me having to study English. Although being reluctant at first, I grasped this opportunity and not only have not I let it go so far but I also applied to the local Foreign Language School and picked up German as a second foreign language. Therefore, it is half true to say that my destiny has been determined by one single choice made a long time ago.
However, one would surely ask what lies on the second half of my faith. Undoubtedly, it has been all my former English teachers and especially Mrs. Petrova, my present one, who has contributed most to my education and my personal development.
What made her stand out from my other teachers was that she had a different attitude towards her students, though this does not mean she indulged in every whim of ours. In fact, she was the person everyone turned to when in need of help. While others neglected us, she met our questions with patience and turned into our source of useful advice.
As a person who is interested in languages, she guided me on my approach towards them and is currently supporting me as I am in that stage of life when I am about to apply to university. Even though I am not going to apply to a language course, I am opting to go study somewhere abroad.
Despite my love for books and reading as a whole, I dreaded entering literature classes at that time, regardless of the literary works we studied. Neither were the compulsory books tedious, nor was the teacher unprepared, but still nobody seemed to be engaged with what we were studying. Then came the start of 11th grade when apart from Bulgarian literature, we had to add English literature to our programme as well. Although the though of this seemed unbearable, the subject turned out to be an invigorating experience.
Moreover, it opened my mind to the world of literature and made me even keener on reading. The method of teaching here was different – there were lots of presentations, we watched some films, related to the books and commented them afterwards. The books were presented in an enthralling way and the one which most caught my attention was “Pride and Prejudice”, which I had not read until then.
In conclusion, many students set on a mission of finding the ideal teacher, who would support them throughout their school years. Yet, sometimes they have difficulty finding one. This is why I would like to announce Mrs. Petrova the best teacher, because if it had not been for her I would not have got here and I am proud to say that my mission is accomplished.