STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Teacher Appreciation: Literature from another view

Eli_Winchester
For as long as I can remember, I have been passionate about languages, more specifically English. In retrospect, it all started in kindergarten with my parents’ adamant choice of me having to study English. Although being reluctant at first, I grasped this opportunity and not only have not I let it go so far but I also applied to the local Foreign Language School and picked up German as a second foreign language. Therefore, it is half true to say that my destiny has been determined by one single choice made a long time ago.
However, one would surely ask what lies on the second half of my faith. Undoubtedly, it has been all my former English teachers and especially Mrs. Petrova, my present one, who has contributed most to my education and my personal development.
What made her stand out from my other teachers was that she had a different attitude towards her students, though this does not mean she indulged in every whim of ours. In fact, she was the person everyone turned to when in need of help. While others neglected us, she met our questions with patience and turned into our source of useful advice.
As a person who is interested in languages, she guided me on my approach towards them and is currently supporting me as I am in that stage of life when I am about to apply to university. Even though I am not going to apply to a language course, I am opting to go study somewhere abroad.
Despite my love for books and reading as a whole, I dreaded entering literature classes at that time, regardless of the literary works we studied. Neither were the compulsory books tedious, nor was the teacher unprepared, but still nobody seemed to be engaged with what we were studying. Then came the start of 11th grade when apart from Bulgarian literature, we had to add English literature to our programme as well. Although the though of this seemed unbearable, the subject turned out to be an invigorating experience.
Moreover, it opened my mind to the world of literature and made me even keener on reading. The method of teaching here was different – there were lots of presentations, we watched some films, related to the books and commented them afterwards. The books were presented in an enthralling way and the one which most caught my attention was “Pride and Prejudice”, which I had not read until then.
In conclusion, many students set on a mission of finding the ideal teacher, who would support them throughout their school years. Yet, sometimes they have difficulty finding one. This is why I would like to announce Mrs. Petrova the best teacher, because if it had not been for her I would not have got here and I am proud to say that my mission is accomplished.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy