Teacher Appreciation: Inspiring With Love

cassidy stevens
My favorite teacher, Mrs. LT, is my favorite because she is the only teacher to inspire me to be the best version of myself. She is the one of the few teachers that took the time to truly know me and see the best side of me.
Mrs. LT is not actually my teacher, but she is my gymnastics coach and my mentor. She treats every student of hers with as much respect as they give to her. She is an admirable person because she lives her life with faith and belief in others. She makes an effort to know and understand every one of her students, not just me. She also loves what she does, she loves teaching and she loves writing, the subject she teaches. She puts her heart into her job and all of her students respect her for this. Mrs. LT encourages kids to accept and appreciate themselves and to be kind to others. She creates an environment so that students can be free to express themselves and not feel patronized for doing so. She is widely respected in our school by all of the students because of this.
As my coach, Mrs. LT saw something in me that I was not aware she noticed. This year my first time doing any gymnastics for about ten years. I started off the season not being able to accomplish anything so I felt that I was not important to the team. But I worked really hard and I could feel myself getting better, I even stated competing.Then, unfortunately about three weeks into the competing season, I broke my toe and was injured for the rest of the season. I was disappointed but I felt that it did not matter to the rest of the team or coaches; I was wrong. Mrs. LT continuously texted me asking for updates the night I was injured while I was at the doctors office. She had the whole team sign a card for me and it truly made me feel important to the rest of the team. She told me that I was apart of the team and that I matter, she also told me how much she admired my work ethic. It felt so uplifting when she told me this because I was afraid that no one even noticed, but not Mrs. LT.
Mrs. LT sees the good in every one of her students and makes an effort to help them see it as well. I've never met another teacher so involved in he students' livers and make such a gray impact on the students.