STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Teacher Appreciation: Inspiring With Love

cassidy stevens
My favorite teacher, Mrs. LT, is my favorite because she is the only teacher to inspire me to be the best version of myself. She is the one of the few teachers that took the time to truly know me and see the best side of me.
Mrs. LT is not actually my teacher, but she is my gymnastics coach and my mentor. She treats every student of hers with as much respect as they give to her. She is an admirable person because she lives her life with faith and belief in others. She makes an effort to know and understand every one of her students, not just me. She also loves what she does, she loves teaching and she loves writing, the subject she teaches. She puts her heart into her job and all of her students respect her for this. Mrs. LT encourages kids to accept and appreciate themselves and to be kind to others. She creates an environment so that students can be free to express themselves and not feel patronized for doing so. She is widely respected in our school by all of the students because of this.
As my coach, Mrs. LT saw something in me that I was not aware she noticed. This year my first time doing any gymnastics for about ten years. I started off the season not being able to accomplish anything so I felt that I was not important to the team. But I worked really hard and I could feel myself getting better, I even stated competing.Then, unfortunately about three weeks into the competing season, I broke my toe and was injured for the rest of the season. I was disappointed but I felt that it did not matter to the rest of the team or coaches; I was wrong. Mrs. LT continuously texted me asking for updates the night I was injured while I was at the doctors office. She had the whole team sign a card for me and it truly made me feel important to the rest of the team. She told me that I was apart of the team and that I matter, she also told me how much she admired my work ethic. It felt so uplifting when she told me this because I was afraid that no one even noticed, but not Mrs. LT.
Mrs. LT sees the good in every one of her students and makes an effort to help them see it as well. I've never met another teacher so involved in he students' livers and make such a gray impact on the students.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy