Teacher Appreciation: Just A Simple Thank You

malindamiranda
Modest, honorable, compassionate, and optimistic and a Beatles lover is not even half of what my 8th grade ASB teacher Mr. John Schroder is. 1st period the most overly exhausting and slowest period of the day was spent with a great group of friends getting ready for the rush of uncontrollable 12, and 13 year olds launching themselves into the snack shack line at the ASB. Every morning all 7 of us would walk into the snack shack with the relaxing tunes of the Beatles playing on an iPod doc. Mr. Schroder would welcome each of us in with a warming smile, a good morning and a high five. The dreary and sluggish mornings would vanish as each of entered the faded rusted blue doors.
Being a part of the Associated Student Body was more than just a leadership building curriculum, it was an environment that linked respectable and worthy students together to set an example. Although the snack shack was quite small all 30 of us managed to cram in, while Mr. Schroder would take his seat in the back working away. Most of the time when I would pass his way he would crack a funny joke or poke fun, and I would do the same back. Having known her had my sister previous years before me, he felt the need to make me feel at home by making fun. He expressed his personality through his quirkiness in the way he walked and his high wasted pants. Never did you see him without a smile on his face.
By seeing him every day with a lively attitude I realized to myself as I walked through the blue rickety doors of the snack shack that life will have its ups and downs but in the end an elated personality with a little bit of your own quirkiness is all you need. Mr. Schroder taught not only me but the rest of the students in my class a great outlook on life without even realizing it. It’s the special moments in life when a person does not even have a clue on how they have impacted or influenced your life, until a thank you is said to them. So thank you Mr. Schroder for being more than a teacher to me, but being an exceptional person all around who finds life to be a cherished experience.