I'm Thankful for Mean Girls and Wannabes

caitic123
I am thankful for the mean girls that seem to go through their lives making the lives of others miserable. These are the girls that, if you see walking down the street, you feel a sudden rush coursing through your veins urging you to punch them- although you are usually a good-natured person. These girls are so horrific that you dread every good thing that may befall them. I, personally, am kind of thankful for them. I feel bad for them that they need to be such wicked entities, but I am also thankful for them and the experiences they have set me up to having.
Like most of us, I had a rather lamentable middle school experience. So dreadful, that by eighth grade, I was left with one only friend in my grade. The class consisted of a heaping total of twenty-five students with twelve disgusting, wannabe girls (with the exception of me and my friend) and 13 personality lacking, wannabe boys.
For me, the change from being generally liked to having one good friend was only slightly gradual. Mostly, it was as if I had gone to bed loved one night and woke up the next morning hated. I never truly did anything; and when I had, I rightly apologized for it. My biggest crime: I did not want to be “popular”- whatever that truly is in an eighth grade class of 25.
So I was expounded from most social circles and made fun of and whatnot. Sure, it hurt for a little while, but like all swelling, it went down before graduation day. In any case, this is a log about what I am thankful for. Well, it goes like this.
I got to high school and instantly made tons of friends, got on the high honor role, and was given a decent part in the play. Everything went, and is still going, well. However, being in a clique of eight 15 year old girls is not always the most favorable walk in the park. Occasionally, fights do occur. If there is one thing those mean girls taught me, it was how to stay out of a fight. If I get into an altercation with a friend, I am able to end it peacefully for everyone’s sake. I am also able to mediate other disputes inside of my social circle.
Lastly, there is that good friend of mine who stuck through it all with me. Those girls alienating the two of us could not have pushed us any more closely. There is no one I will do more for no matter what more than for her. I never would have realized how much she will always be there for me had it not been for the social-serial-killers of our minute eighth grade class.
I owe everything and nothing to those girls. They ever know how much they really did change my life for the better. However, if they ever did, that would be the ultimate reciprocation.