Teacher Appreciation: An Absence of Mediocrity

Boeingrules
School can be downright painful at times. The day starts far too early, lasts far too long, and ends far too late. One is bombarded with tests and projects that can overwhelm a student who foolishly attempts to comprehend and process it all. Therefore, through it all, I constantly stress out about upcoming big projects and tests, worrying about how I will perform on them, and more importantly, what grade I will get on them, and what it will do to my grade. Due to the lack of sleep and mountains of stress, I typically just go through the motions, internally pleading for it all to just stop so I could relax or whatever it is known as, and for the most part, I would regard a good teacher as one who did not aggravate me through personality, teaching style, or amount of homework and tests given.
However, there is this one teacher who has such a class that I find excitement in its anticipation. In my APEL teacher’s class, things are different. Now her class has been extraordinarily difficult, due to the intense AP test preparation she has conducted, along with the dramatic hit in grade percentage that came with the large amount of graded practice essays given, and the stress and difficulties of independent reading assignments and the subsequent tests that followed. Despite all of that, her personality and general classroom environment shine through to the point where in class, where it all really matters in a course, I genuinely enjoy myself in an academic setting. I have been fortunate to have taken different classes with her for three trimesters total, and in each one, she has conducted class discussion with a perfect balance of seriousness and joviality, with the entire class motivated to the point where the whole group is at an elevated level of attention as a whole. So therefore, despite the tremendous academic difficulties of the class, the way in which she conducts it, along with a general sense of concern for our academic state and overall well-being, propels the experience of the class beyond my usual one of boring drudgery and into one of profound fulfillment.