I'm Thankful for my sister

kneils001
I saw her lying there on the floor dead or dead to the world as it seemed. My rational brain went into overdrive because I had just seen her, perfectly fine, at the breakfast table. Not being able to deal with the scene I left the room until my parents said she was okay. She had a few more episodes like this before we took her to a specialist at the hospital. This changed my view of the world and of what I was thankful for. My younger sister Aimee was diagnosed with juvenile complex partial epilepsy.
Since Aimee was diagnosed with epilepsy I have tried much harder to be a loving older sister and to show her how much she means to me. My whole family is more cautious around Aimee even though it has been six months since her last seizure. She puts up with our overprotectiveness good-naturedly. We are very fortunate because her medicines seem to be working. I think you do not truly know how much you have till its threatened or gone. I am so lucky that I have chance to be a better sister.
My sister and I have a much better relationship than most other siblings I know. Sometimes we do fight but we always forgive and forget when our anger simmers down. Aimee’s very understanding when I’m not in a good mood and she makes me laugh with her silly jokes. As the oldest, I was always the leader and Aimee was always the follower. As she matured she spoke up about her feelings and so now we are both leaders. I am very thankful for the loving relationship and understanding we have.
I am so grateful she came into my life and has made me who I am today. It is unfortunate for all the people who do not have a sibling or a sibling as kind as mine. Every day I discover something new about how to be a compassionate, honest, and overall nice person. There is so much war and pain in the world that it is hard to believe that good exists. Then you meet someone like my sister and you know that even if you don’t change the world each good deed you do has an effect. This is what I am most thankful for about my sister.
Aimee is the person I am most thankful for but she helps me be thankful for everything else. She helps me see the beauty that exists inside everyone if you are willing to look beneath the surface. Most of these things Aimee does not know that she does for me but following her examples is enough. I hope she knows how much she means to me and how thankful I am that she is in my life. She does all of these things even when there is no one watching. However there is always someone who is watching and seeing a good deed may be the one thing they need to keep them going. This is why am thankful for my sister Aimee.
Comment by jse11run

Sisters are amazing!!!!! This reminds me of the relationship my sister and I have! :)
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 4:11:22 AM
Comment by kneils001

I know, my sister is one of my best friends!!
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 2:12:49 AM