Teacher Appreciation: My Role Model

brittany_shields
Mrs. Lastly has been my Agricultural Teacher for two years now and my FFA advisor. Through FFA alone I have found out where I belong, but thanks to her I was able to find a place I fit in, something I love, and grow into the person I am today. She introduced me to horticulture and floral design. Thanks to her and finding that, I have developed a great passion for the two. I have also decided to pursue a career in the two, and with her help I know I will succeed. She has not only helped me, but countless other students to find a place just like I have. She spends hours of her time helping other when she could be spending time at home. A million 'thank you's' still would not be enough to express the gratitude I have for what she has taught me and done for me. She truly has helped shape me into who I am today. One important part of being a teacher is being patient. The amount of patient she has for her students is unreal. She rarely lets you see her frustrated or angry, she just keeps on pushing through. That makes her such an outstanding teacher and person. She has taught me lessons that pertain to my education and lessons that have helped me keep my life on the right track. Without her I would not be the young lady I am. All of this and countless other things she has done I am beyond thankful for. Mrs.Lastly is an outstanding teacher, role model and person. She deserves all the appreciation in the world.