Teacher Appreciation: My Rock Solid Year

kristinorrach
When I was younger, I always wanted to become a musician when I was an adult. There was never a subject in school that stood out to me, and I was infatuated with the music world. In Eighth grade, I was still thinking this way. I tried my hardest in all my classes, but I never loved one class over another. I would say Eighth grade was a memorable year because I realized what field I wanted to be in when I would grow up, and all my teachers were amazing.

My Earth Science teacher, Mrs. Ferreri, is one of the best teachers I have ever had. She was entertaining, kind, caring, intelligent, and an overall fantastic teacher. She came in to class every day with a smile, and large iced coffee. One would notice that she loves her job in a heartbeat.
She gave me a new perspective on science, and I excelled greatly in her class. I discovered I had a passion for science that just needed to be pulled out of me. I will never forget the time she said to me, “You’re going places, kid.” Who knew such a simple sentence could mean so much? This statement is one of the reasons I have my future narrowed down into a field.

My confidence levels were extremely low in Eighth grade because everyone reaches that point in middle school where confidence levels are struggling. I felt as if I did not stand out, but Mrs. Ferreri taught me a valuable lesson that not everyone can have a different passion, that we will all eventually cross paths with others to get what we want, and it is a part of life. I also felt as if no one noticed me, but she always made me feel like an asset to her class. She helped form me into the person I am today, and I remain passionate of science. I want to help people like Mrs. Ferreri, but in a different way. That is why I am narrowed down into the medical field.

Most teachers do not get the recognition they deserve, but I hope this can contribute to recognition towards Mrs. Ferreri.