Teacher Appreciation: Ms. Stewart, the One Who Motivated Me to Work Every Day

caitlinn
In 8th grade, I had a health teacher named Ms. Stewart. I always heard around the halls “She gives out too much homework, she’s mean, she yells too much, etc.” I never believed what others said. Ms. Stewart was such an inspirational teacher. She pushed the kids that needed to be pushed. She pushed the kids that didn't know what the future held. She was a strict teacher though, but it never bothered me. She would give out packets every Friday and have them due on Monday. She wanted all of the answers to be highlighted. She wanted everything to be perfect and neat. I never had problems with doing her homework. She would always use my packets as examples of what she wanted and it made me feel like I was doing something right. She would always tell everyone that she only gives out packets because she was preparing us for high school. She would always explain how teachers in high school don’t care if you don’t do your homework or if you’re late to their class. Ms. Stewart said that in high school, we have all of the responsibility and our education depends whether we try or not.
Ms. Stewart didn't only teach us every day, she also talked to us. Not like teacher to student, but like friend to friend. She’s talked to us about her problems outside of school and some days she even got emotional. She gave all of her students her number just in case they needed to talk about issues the student had or homework problems. She made us feel comfortable around her and that made something in my brain click. I knew that she was a different teacher and I knew I would like her. Ms. Stewart made me push myself in my other classes as well. She made me such a motivated person. Even to this day I’m still such a motivated student because of her. I wish every student could have Ms. Stewart as a teacher. I know Ms. Stewart motivated so many students. She’s such a hard working person and she deserves the best.