I'm Thankful for Music

Kara K
Whistling Christmas songs, humming random tunes in the kitchen, singing strange soliloquies to my sister on one of our funny tangents, these things make up something that I’m truly thankful for; music. Some people paint, others hack and saw at wood, but for me, this is the way that I express myself. Revealing the composer’s stirred emotions, feeling the rushed thrill of playing with several others intent on accomplishing the same goal, hearing sounds from another place and time long preserved, this is what I find joy in.

If you look at the world people live in today, it’s chock full of noises and sounds, with the music we play quietly stirring underneath. With so many at hand resources songs are easy to find, whether on the internet or in other places, making it easy to take them for granted. Looking at all the work and preparation laid out for us by hardworking people from centuries back, makes me wonder if we got the longer end of the rope per say, and have become too spoiled because of it. I think that music is a huge piece of our culture and lifestyle, and that we have become more than blessed to freely enjoy it.