STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I am Thankful for My Family

Lauren22
By:Lauren LaBaumbard

What Means the Most to Me

There are many things in my life that I am thankful for, but I am most appreciative of my family and friends. They mean the world to me and I am not sure how my life would be without them.

The strongest influences in my life are my parents and they raised me to be a Christian. Teaching me to never give up on my dreams because they are achievable if I work hard enough and I am very appreciative of that learning to go after my goals. Their unconditional love helps me through the tough times in my life.

I would not want a different grandma. This beautiful lady is amazing and talented. She taught me how to love God, love myself and love others. What a blessing she is to me. She has one of the strongest faiths in a person I have ever seen and I really admire her for that. The cool thing about my grandma is that she is very generous, she does not judge and she wants to help when someone is in need. I am truly grateful for her and I can only hope that I can be like her one day.

My best friend, who is bright, funny, and beautiful on the inside and out, is without a doubt an amazing person. Izzy is always there for me. She can tell when I am having a bad day and she knows how to make me feel better. Sometimes I would be lost without her. We talk about everything, we pull all night sleepovers and we always have fun. Everybody knows us as Izzy and Bomb and we are inseparable.

I thank God everyday that I have a wonderful sister. Jaclyn is only a year younger than me, but we have not always been close. However, lately, it is like we are best friends. We have a lot of late night discussions and we always understand each other. We laugh all of the time and I am so thankful to have her in my family. I can not imagine life without her.

Another blessing in my life is Amanda. We have always known each other, but this year we have gotten extremely close. We have a couple of classes together and we are always talking to each other. It is kind of weird; it is like we are the same person. We think the same, feel the same and agree on everything. There is not one thing we do not talk about. I can always go to her for advice on anything and in my stressful life, I could not ask for a better person to hear me out.

Thinking about all of my family and friends, I realize just how many loving and caring people are in my life and I am more than thankful for all of them.

Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy