I am Thankful for My Family

Lauren22
By:Lauren LaBaumbard

What Means the Most to Me

There are many things in my life that I am thankful for, but I am most appreciative of my family and friends. They mean the world to me and I am not sure how my life would be without them.

The strongest influences in my life are my parents and they raised me to be a Christian. Teaching me to never give up on my dreams because they are achievable if I work hard enough and I am very appreciative of that learning to go after my goals. Their unconditional love helps me through the tough times in my life.

I would not want a different grandma. This beautiful lady is amazing and talented. She taught me how to love God, love myself and love others. What a blessing she is to me. She has one of the strongest faiths in a person I have ever seen and I really admire her for that. The cool thing about my grandma is that she is very generous, she does not judge and she wants to help when someone is in need. I am truly grateful for her and I can only hope that I can be like her one day.

My best friend, who is bright, funny, and beautiful on the inside and out, is without a doubt an amazing person. Izzy is always there for me. She can tell when I am having a bad day and she knows how to make me feel better. Sometimes I would be lost without her. We talk about everything, we pull all night sleepovers and we always have fun. Everybody knows us as Izzy and Bomb and we are inseparable.

I thank God everyday that I have a wonderful sister. Jaclyn is only a year younger than me, but we have not always been close. However, lately, it is like we are best friends. We have a lot of late night discussions and we always understand each other. We laugh all of the time and I am so thankful to have her in my family. I can not imagine life without her.

Another blessing in my life is Amanda. We have always known each other, but this year we have gotten extremely close. We have a couple of classes together and we are always talking to each other. It is kind of weird; it is like we are the same person. We think the same, feel the same and agree on everything. There is not one thing we do not talk about. I can always go to her for advice on anything and in my stressful life, I could not ask for a better person to hear me out.

Thinking about all of my family and friends, I realize just how many loving and caring people are in my life and I am more than thankful for all of them.