Teacher Appreciation: The one who understood me

Anthony Valencia
When I was younger I moved schools from 4th to 5th grade. I felt like an awkward person because no one knew me and I didn't know any one. When I first moved everything seemed different than my other school. Luckily, the older students told me that the 5th grade teacher was the nicest of all the faculty at school. The first week of school I didn't talk to any one. I would get to school, get my books, do all my class work. Next I would have recess and I wouldn't talk to any one. I would just sit down on the grass and eat my snacks. At lunch the same routine, I would sit down eat my lunch, go back to class and do all that was assigned. That was how school was for me the first weeks. Then my teacher, Mrs. Ramos, noticed that I had good grade but I was a really quiet student/person. She asked me to stay in the classroom one day at lunch. So the next day stayed in and we had a conversation. She asked me why I was so quiet and why I was eating my lunch and snacks by myself. I told her that I didn't know any students at the school. The next day she had some students stay during lunch and again she asked me to stay. We had a conversation between the teacher and the other students. We would be in a circle and we introduced our selves. From that day o I started to make friends at my new school. The teacher kept talking to me and how I was doing with making new friends. By the end of 5th grade I knew all the students in my class and everybody knew me. She was really proud of me because I made new friends and I had to know how to socialize with other people because that is how I get to know people in the world. I'm glad I made friends from that school because I stayed there until 8th grade, I graduated with them. Some of my guy friends went to Saints with me and my girl friends went to Olp. Now I stil talk to them and we always have a good time when I'm with them. I now thank my teacher from 5th grade because she helped me make new friends. She helped me become more social and how to get to know strangers. She made a big impact on my life as a teacher because I knew she cared about me. We are still in contact today.