STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Teacher Appreciation: Turning Point

yoonsuh0417
Math was always a subject that I wasn’t truly absorbed into, mostly because it always got harder and also because math classes were very boring. However, my attitude toward the subject changed when I met a wonderful and hilarious teacher, Mrs. Go. Mrs. Go was a very passionate teacher. She has been teaching for over 30 years, so she knew a lot about students and how to teach them. She was indeed very strict, but she was also very funny, which made her classes balanced. She was never embarrassed to overact in order to make the class funny, and she also made funny comments even about herself in order to cheer exhausted students up. Students also studied in a very relaxing environment because Mrs. Go taught in her own home. However, when students were too loosened, she turned very strict and scary in order to keep them quiet and focused. Her teaching style was what made both her and her students successful; students could learn math in a playful way while working hard at the same time.
Although Mrs. Go was a math teacher, I learned more than math from her. Before I met Mrs. Go, I was just a little kid without worries about my future. However, after I met her, I started to think about my future and the bigger world. Mrs. Go always encouraged me to ponder over my interests and what I was good at, so I could gradually find my future. Suddenly, college, which seemed very irrelevant to me at that time, was not as far away as I thought, and I had to start planning and study harder to prepare for college. Even though I was only in sixth grade, I began to gain insight of reality. Furthermore, I became more mature after I met her. Mrs. Go was one of the adults that I could talk to easily. She was always there to listen to me and sometimes she would talk about her problems and I would listen to her. I could feel she trusted me and loved me. Her constant support and love helped me gain confidence and self-awareness, which in turn helped me realize my strengths and improve. Mrs. Go consistently emphasized that I was capable of being the best student if I really put effort in studying. Thanks to her, I was able to use my skills and abilities for my best and start finding my way to the future.
I thank Mrs. Go for being a great family-like teacher who was always there to help me and make me laugh. Her teaching skills were also exceptional, and I learned a lot from her. I was able to expand my view of the world and think about what I wanted to do in the future. She was a great teacher and an example of how teachers should teach.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy