Teacher Appreciation: Turning Point

yoonsuh0417
Math was always a subject that I wasn’t truly absorbed into, mostly because it always got harder and also because math classes were very boring. However, my attitude toward the subject changed when I met a wonderful and hilarious teacher, Mrs. Go. Mrs. Go was a very passionate teacher. She has been teaching for over 30 years, so she knew a lot about students and how to teach them. She was indeed very strict, but she was also very funny, which made her classes balanced. She was never embarrassed to overact in order to make the class funny, and she also made funny comments even about herself in order to cheer exhausted students up. Students also studied in a very relaxing environment because Mrs. Go taught in her own home. However, when students were too loosened, she turned very strict and scary in order to keep them quiet and focused. Her teaching style was what made both her and her students successful; students could learn math in a playful way while working hard at the same time.
Although Mrs. Go was a math teacher, I learned more than math from her. Before I met Mrs. Go, I was just a little kid without worries about my future. However, after I met her, I started to think about my future and the bigger world. Mrs. Go always encouraged me to ponder over my interests and what I was good at, so I could gradually find my future. Suddenly, college, which seemed very irrelevant to me at that time, was not as far away as I thought, and I had to start planning and study harder to prepare for college. Even though I was only in sixth grade, I began to gain insight of reality. Furthermore, I became more mature after I met her. Mrs. Go was one of the adults that I could talk to easily. She was always there to listen to me and sometimes she would talk about her problems and I would listen to her. I could feel she trusted me and loved me. Her constant support and love helped me gain confidence and self-awareness, which in turn helped me realize my strengths and improve. Mrs. Go consistently emphasized that I was capable of being the best student if I really put effort in studying. Thanks to her, I was able to use my skills and abilities for my best and start finding my way to the future.
I thank Mrs. Go for being a great family-like teacher who was always there to help me and make me laugh. Her teaching skills were also exceptional, and I learned a lot from her. I was able to expand my view of the world and think about what I wanted to do in the future. She was a great teacher and an example of how teachers should teach.