I'm Thankful for My Mom

paytonbrock
Jamie. That’s who I am most thankful for: My absolutely amazing mother. Ever since the day I was born, she’s showered me with her knowledge, her generosity, and, most importantly, her love. I have learned more from my mom than I have learned from anyone else in my fifteen years of life. When I was a little girl, she always told me to “be sweet in the heart.” I think that this is the most important thing that I have ever learned-- not just from my mom, but in general. It’s more important than learning how to read or even add and subtract. It taught me more than to just be sweet. From that simple little statement, she taught me to have empathy: To always be aware of other peoples’ feelings. From that simple little statement, she taught me that, no matter what happens-- no matter what someone says or does to you-- be the bigger person. From that simple little statement she taught me that kindness is the most powerful and the most wonderful thing in the world. Those five words had a definite impact on my life, and I am so thankful I was blessed with a mom as great as Jamie. I hope she knows how much she means to me and how thankful I am for the things that I have learned from her. She is more than a mother. She is a teacher, a best friend, a number one fan, a comedian, a counselor, and an inspiration. Words don’t even begin to describe how thankful I am for her. Someday, I will tell my children to “be sweet in the heart” too, in hopes that I can be at least half as good of a mother as my mom was to me.