I'm Thanful for My Family

pastra13
Family. That is what I am most thankful for. Lieschen, Sanford, and Jeremy Pastroff. The house that my parents have provided for my brother and I from their hard work and the jobs that my parents have that pay our bills. These are only a few reasons why I am most thankful for my family.

Although we do not always get along, I do not know what I would do without my family; they are my life. I always know no matter how bad of a situation I am in, my family will always support and help me work through the situation. My parents are the most selfless people I have ever met. They work hard everyday of the week to create a good life for my brother and I. They have provided a great home, with all the basic needs, and many other pleasures that certainly are not necessary. I am thankful that I have all of these wants, where as some families can’t even afford their needs.

This past summer, one of our family friends committed suicide. No one saw it coming at all; it was a devastating shock. I remember sitting at the table watching the tears stroll down my mom’s cheeks as she told my brother and I the shocking news. At this moment, I stopped and looked around and realized how lucky I am. This tragedy showed me how easy it is to take things and people for granted and how quickly things can change in your life. This made me realize to always make the most of everyday.

So as Thanksgiving nears, I thank God everyday for the wonderful family that I have. This Thanksgiving when we all sit at my grandparents large dining room table and each say what we are thankful for I know exactly what I will say. Family. That is what I am most thankful for.