Animals: Man's Best Friend

anjushajan
Animals: Man’s Best Friend
Throughout my life, I have experienced many tragedies and hardships. But the one thing that has helped me throughout it all is my dog, Sophie. She has truly been my companion and has helped me be more optimistic in life. She is by my side when I need someone to snuggle with when I am sad, and play with when I am happy. Sophie is my best friend and always will be my best friend.
I come home from a tiring day at Blackmon Road Middle School. To my surprise, I come home to see four cute puppies under a table! My mom had a colleague whose dog had some puppies and was willing to give some to other people for free. My family talked about this in the prior weeks but I did not know that they would actually agree. I was so ecstatic and happy! There was no way that I could choose between the all these adorable puppies. As they played around me, I noticed that one of them was secluded from the others, sleeping sounding near the edge of the table. I decided to pick that Beagle and Blue Heeler mix puppy.
I love Sophie not only for her companionship but also her able to be therapy for me. She has helped me get through bad days in my life. For example, she helped me through an incident where one of my friends was hospitalized with a coma. It was hard not to think about that every day, but Sophie helped me get my mind off of it and focus on the positive.
She has also helped me celebrate during the good times. She was always very happy during my birthday parties. She wore a birthday hat and had the biggest smile on her face. She helped me realize the biggest gift of all- her.