I'm Thankful For My Horse

julia.knebl

Not Your Typical Best Friend
By: Julia Knebl
She’s my therapist, my daily exercise, and my all-natural drug rolled into one convenient package. She’s the best listener out of any of my friends, and I never have to worry about her gossiping about me. I’m thankful that I’ll always have somebody who never fails to be thrilled to see me, who’s always up for a run, and who really knows how to carry me when I need it. I’m so thankful for my horse.

I’m glad I have my horse, because, as cliché as it is, I’d go crazy without her. I’m thankful that I have someone who’ll listen to me vent, and not hold it against me. It makes high school ,and just life in general far more tolerable when you have someone who isn’t biased whatsoever who will always support you (pun unintended). There are times when I’m so swamped with homework, and stressed out with the drama that inevitably comes with high school, but Molly just has this uncanny way of making me forget everything for an hour or two, so that when I do have to come back to reality, I can cope with it all and not drive myself crazy.

Of course I’m thankful for my family and friends, and living in one of the most prosperous countries in the world, but more than anything, I’m so lucky and thankful that I’m able to be around horses, and Molly in particular. After all, Winston Churchill said it best, “There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man”.