STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Animals: The Wonder of Life

rrwink
When you see a baby kitten romping around playing or cuddling with other kittens, you cannot help but smile. And that is just what my kittens did.

My family has a barn on our property, big, old, and an ugly mustard yellow. With a barn comes mice. And when there are five children in the house, three of them being under the age of twelve, of course the request will be made for kittens. This is exactly why we ended up getting not one, not two, and not three, but four baby kittens -- and they were born in our garage!

We got the mother cat from a lady who had two pregnant cats and did not want any more. We named the cat Simone. She was a pretty black and white cat, fairly small, and very feisty. She had been an outdoor stray cat that had been living at the lady's farm.

After about a week of keeping Simone in a cage in our garage, our mom woke us up and told us that there were four baby kittens in the cage! They had been born about an hour before my dad saw them and my mom alerted us of the news.

The kittens got lots of attention from their loving owners, and since there are four of us not including my brother, who is not old enough to have his own cat, we each got one of the kittens and named them. Mine was Mozart, a cute little black and white cat who resembled his mother more than the other three. My sisters' kittens were Katie, a calico, Socks, a calico with white feet, and Tangles, an all black and rather chunky little guy. They all had blue eyes when they were little, which I thought was an unusual color for cats' eyes.

It was not long before they were crawling around the cage, opening their eyes, and beginning to walk on their tiny, soft paws. Once they were old enough to be outside cats, we put them in the barn. As they continued to grow, they would come running whenever we went out to the barn to feed them. We spent lots of time holding them and playing with them in the grass. I remember one time our friends came over and the three little girls from that family were content to spend hours holding the warm, fuzzy little creatures.

I think that animals are great companions. I think that if people have the time and the means to take care of a pet, whether indoors or outdoors, or even if they just spend time around animals that do not belong to them that it can do a lot of good for that person. There is value in learning to love and care for animals.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy