I Am Thankful For My Toughest Critic.

JaeWilliams25
I am thankful for Julie Williams. If it weren’t for her, I wouldn’t be here, literally. When originally trying to think of something to write, I made a list; everything on that list had something to do with my Momma- I love her so much. She’s been my best friend, ever since I got to meet her on January 26th, way back in 1995. She’s taught me how to live my life, and not be anyone but myself-- that’s one of the most important lessons you can learn today. I’m guilty of being spoiled by her, but she‘s worked hard at three jobs just to make me happy.
Not trying to sound like a Hallmark card, but getting a mother is a blessing; having the mom I have is an added bonus. I don’t know who else could put up with me for almost 16 years. She’s listened to my high school drama, been my shoulder to cry on, and shared many laughs these past years. One of the best things she’s done is pushed me to excel in my favorite thing, basketball.
My mom is my toughest critic. I’m sure if I did a triple-back-flip into a dunk, she’d still find something to pick apart. However, I’m glad she's so nit-picky. Some people go through life with parents who tell them they’re the best at everything they do- that’s a good confidence booster, but it doesn’t help in the long run. If I was told that I was the Kobe Bryant of women’s basketball my whole pre-high school career, I wouldn’t be where I am today. She’s told me more bad then good, along with all my tantrums I’ve thrown about her not wanting to be supportive, but looking back, it’s all worth it. Seeing how far I’ve came, and how much farther I’ll be able to go, I really love her for this...And everything else she’s done.