Animals: My Thousand Dollar Guinea Pig

carley.madsen
We found Nibbles on the side of the road. Amongst all the other squealing pigs, Nibbles had a sincere tranquility to his features. His glossy short brown hair and big black eyes called to me. I thought it must be fate, that we would find such a beautiful animal for free. But nothing is free. The first week we had Nibbles we discovered he had lice, and their went the first hundred dollars to debug him. Yet, I was in love with this furry creature. I would put him in my plastic purple barbie car and stroll him around the house like a hero. Heroism inspired Nibbles to fly, but when he jumped off the second floor balcony he did not fly but ended up with a broken foot. My heart dropped and there went nine hundred dollars to give him a cast. Unfortunately the cast was to tight and by the time poor Nibbles got it off it had morphed his toes together, giving him a hideous stump. But I loved him fiercely and he stumbled on like a real hero would. Nibbles died less than a year later. He lived a short, expensive, but mighty life. He will forever be my thousand dollar free Guinea Pig.