I'm Thankful for Life

chimercial
This Thanksgiving there are a lot to be thankful for. You could be thankful for practically anything in the world. But, I know what I’m thankful for. I’m thankful that I’m alive. That I exist on god’s green earth to live my life any way that I see fit. I’m thankful for that chance. No matter what trials and tribulations I may ever go through, I know one thing, I’m going to be always thankful for my life. There are a thousand, if not a million ways that life could be taken away from any single one of us. I’ve lived to see five thousand, four hundred seventy-five days of my life, and I hope I’ll get to see more. I’m just thankful for life, and that it exists. I’m thankful that I was given this chance at life, and you can be sure that I’m going to make the fullest of it.
In life, you get one chance. That’s it, no going back, no do-overs, no rewind button. You’re here in the moment, it’s up to you what you do in that single split second of every single day. When you really start to evaluate your life, you find out what is important to you and what isn’t. I’ve evaluated my life for the last time and I have found inner peace within myself. I am content where I stand in life, I see no need to go forwards or backwards or even sideways. I strive to be like a boat sailing on the ocean currents, going where life takes me. But I have a paddle, it may be small and not alter my course terribly in the day-to-day events, but I know the little changes to my course I do in a day ultimately affects my greater course over the ocean. It is the same in life. So, where does the ‘I’m thankful” part come in? Well, I’m thankful that I have that chance to be on that ocean. I’m thankful that I am content. I’m thankful for the fact that I exist. I’m thankful that I am here. But, most of all, I’m thankful to be alive.