Animals: A Dog Tail

Parisamus
One day I was at school when I saw my mom waiting for me at the classroom door. "Leaving early!!", I thought walking towards the door. "We have a dentist appointment" my mom said. I didn't mind the dentist... especially because we usually got a prize later! Everything went well. My mom said we would have to go to our nona's (grandmother's) house. When we arrived my dad was working on the floors and my nona was cleaning the house. Nothing seemed unusual until they saw us. That was when I sensed something was going on. My mom told us to sit on the couch for our prize. Nona sat on the couch in front of us and pulled out her camera. "What did they get us?" I thought. I look over at my brother and asked "Did they get us a dog?" My mom strolled in the room with a puppy! It was a girl Chipin. Now it was time to name her... but, what? My mother said she had called her 'Zooie' a name she got off of 'Banjo and Kazooie'. We loved the name and so did Zooie.