STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Animal: He doesn't get it

Jolene
As I sit on my bed, on my laptop, my cat is on the other side of the room on the carpet sleeping. His name is Mustachio and he is a tuxedo cat with a lopsided back mustache on his white nose and chin. He is on his back with his soft white underbelly exposed and his little paws up in the air above his head, like he wants to give you a double-low five or is saying “touchdown!”. He sleeps mostly in the daytime in the warm sun of the window while we are at school and work, and we play with him when we get home; but when we slow down for the night and fall asleep, he doesn’t get that we are done playing with him, and starts playing by himself.

One time, I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom, and found a nice little scene in there. No he didn’t go to the bathroom in there, but I found dirty little paw prints on the counter, walking back and forth, and on the toilet seat. He is not afraid of water and it was clear that he was splashing the water in the toilet and got his paws wet. We now keep the bathroom door closed at night.

The fact that he wants to play means that he wants to play with us, so waking up in the middle of the night with the cat meowing for attention in my brothers’ room makes all of us annoyed. We at least keep the door closed in my brother’s room so he doesn’t wander in there, and of course, I am the mommy and have to deal with him climbing on my bed while I am asleep and wanting to play. I have trained him to not get on my bed until I want him to.

Hearing little thumps on the window, my dad got up to investigate, thinking it might be a robber. He found the Mustachio hitting the window with his paws in attempt to get the bugs either on this side or the other side. Of course he looking at my dad with those big innocent eyes, being his slightly hyper self. We put him back in my room for the night.

Waking up another morning, my mom found the paper towel roll in the kitchen shredded it into bits. We now keep the paper towels in the drawer.

I wake up another night with him chasing the little plastic ball with a bell inside around my room like a manic. I hid it.

Now because he has been clearly not settling down when we want to him to, we run him around with the string before bed until he has no energy to run more. It has been working, but we still find him doing stuff in the house at night.

Conclusion, no matter how hard I try, my cat is a night owl. I am not.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy