STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I'm Thankful for My Mother

GreySnow
I am just a 16-almost-17-year old girl. I haven’t gone through the hardships that some adults have, I haven’t gone though the hardships that some teens my own age go through. I have been one of the fortunate ones, something that I am very thankful for. Maybe it’s that thought that brings up my mother. I could be thankful for many things in my life; my friends, my family, all of my possessions, but from all of these things, only one thing stands out the most in my mind. My mother, who, without her, I wouldn’t even be here! Without my mother, who has gone through so many things, I wouldn’t have the good-no, I wouldn’t have the amazing life I have now. Throughout most of my childhood, of which I like to think I am still going through, I have seen my mom struggle with raising my older brother and even older sister, I’ve seen her struggle with the rent, I’ve seen her break down and cry because she felt that she was not giving her children enough. I have seen my mother in her happiest moments with just my sister, my brother and me; I’ve seen her sad, angry, and the most common in our household: just plain weird. Whenever we were sad, she would act weird and make us laugh, if we were angry, she would act weird to make us laugh, if we were happy-that’s right, she would act weird just to make us laugh! She loved making her children smile and I want to especially make an emphasize on that and note that I am very much thankful for whatever god gave her that trait. Sure, she has had her bad times but she always bounces right back up if only to keep her children from seeing her like that. I suppose that having her like that always gave me the confidence to confide in her and ask for her sage-like advice whenever I needed it. It’s for these reasons and so many more that I love and adore my mother above anything or anyone else. I want to share it with everyone too; to those kids my age or younger, to the elders, to the adults that I will one day join, I want all of them to know, to see just how much my mother means to me. I want them to feel just how thankful I am for having this woman, my mother...as my mother.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy