I'm Thankful for My Mother

GreySnow
I am just a 16-almost-17-year old girl. I haven’t gone through the hardships that some adults have, I haven’t gone though the hardships that some teens my own age go through. I have been one of the fortunate ones, something that I am very thankful for. Maybe it’s that thought that brings up my mother. I could be thankful for many things in my life; my friends, my family, all of my possessions, but from all of these things, only one thing stands out the most in my mind. My mother, who, without her, I wouldn’t even be here! Without my mother, who has gone through so many things, I wouldn’t have the good-no, I wouldn’t have the amazing life I have now. Throughout most of my childhood, of which I like to think I am still going through, I have seen my mom struggle with raising my older brother and even older sister, I’ve seen her struggle with the rent, I’ve seen her break down and cry because she felt that she was not giving her children enough. I have seen my mother in her happiest moments with just my sister, my brother and me; I’ve seen her sad, angry, and the most common in our household: just plain weird. Whenever we were sad, she would act weird and make us laugh, if we were angry, she would act weird to make us laugh, if we were happy-that’s right, she would act weird just to make us laugh! She loved making her children smile and I want to especially make an emphasize on that and note that I am very much thankful for whatever god gave her that trait. Sure, she has had her bad times but she always bounces right back up if only to keep her children from seeing her like that. I suppose that having her like that always gave me the confidence to confide in her and ask for her sage-like advice whenever I needed it. It’s for these reasons and so many more that I love and adore my mother above anything or anyone else. I want to share it with everyone too; to those kids my age or younger, to the elders, to the adults that I will one day join, I want all of them to know, to see just how much my mother means to me. I want them to feel just how thankful I am for having this woman, my mother...as my mother.