STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Animals: Our pulse, ár chuisle

ares1

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”
― Anatole France
A world without animals would be no less than a world without happiness. As said by Anatole France in the beautiful quote above, a part of you will always feel empty until and unless the warmth by an animal’s love fills it .
The feeling of recreation you feel when you hold a new born kitten or a tiny, little puppy is so intense that you remember it lifelong. I have had quite a few experiences with animals, some bitter and some sweet. But there is one incident that pops into my mind always when I think about this topic. I was about 6 years old and we used to live in a double storied house. Our neighbours had a dog, a very energetic ball of fur, always trotting around and scampering here and there. I was very scared of him; he used to run behind me barking every time I wandered into his vicinity. So one day, I was coming back home, alone. My sister was not there with me that day and coincidentally I could see no one in our block, which usually bustled with energy, but I saw my garage open and our car parked inside. Suddenly I saw something white from the corner of my eye, something moving very fast. WOOF! WOOF! Came the sound of a dog and I had my heart in my throat. Adrenaline pumping in my veins I saw our neighbour’s dog running towards me. I looked around and cried out “AAA! Help me!” but there was no one around! I deciphered my only escape – THE GARAGE! I ran towards it with full speed, without looking back as I was petrified. JUMP! THUMP! CLAMP! CLUTTER! I knocked down the toolbox in my hurry and with a new-found skill of a gymnast, leaped toward the car. In 5 steps I was on the hood of the car and crying my eyes out, wailing and screaming for help. Finally my all my neighbours came out, but a mischievous smile played on their lips. I wondered why and then I realised how the scene would be looking to them. A small girl, scared out of her wits and sprawled on the hood of a car as if a wolf was behind her but in reality was just a small, white Pomeranian barking like a maniac. I was rescued, thankfully and have always been scared of dogs and their barks but that doesn't stop me from loving them, loving a thing that you’re scared of is funny but gives intense gratification .
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy