Weather: The Perfect Day

Olga
One morning I woke up, anticipating the play out of my day. Today was going to be different... not like every other "Plain old Jane" , casual (wake up, go to school, come home, and sleep until the next morning) type of day. I got up from my bed and made my way to the bathroom in order to brush my teeth. Oh boy was I out of luck when I realized that my little sister had just taken the last drop of toothpaste. Out of desperation, I decided to go ask my neighbors for some. After that hassle, I grabbed my towel and made my way to shower. One thing I hate most about showering is the beginning-- the sensation of being in the arctic circle for a quick ten seconds (I don't know how polar bears do it ). After experiencing the 10 seconds of brisk water touching my skin, I realized that there was no hot water. Moving on from that disaster, I got dressed, let my hair down, and headed to the bus stop.. not realizing that I had failed to watch the weather in the morning like I always do. I began to start biting my nails and look at my watch to what felt like every second. That's when I started to picture Mr.Byers screaming “minus 10 points”, while he turned red with smoke coming out his ears. I gazed upon the concrete floor because that's all I could do since my phone had fallen and broken the night before; I won't get into that because that's another story for another day. All of sudden, I see the sky becoming engulfed with gray clouds, as if it was the end of the world. Dozens of tiny black dots begin to cover the sidewalks. It had officially began to rain cats and dogs. An hour later, I walk into first period and attained the awareness that my physics finals were laying faced down on my desk; A test I had studied so hard for. With my heart skipping two beats at a time I graciously flip my paper to reveal a “F”. I was the girl who was drenched in rain, whose outfit that had been picked out a week before was ruined, and whose tight pin curls that took three days to make, had gone to waste. By the end, I had failed to maintain the skip in my step. I don't know why I attempted to change the balance of my nature if my birthday had always been another regular day anyway.