STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Weather: The Perfect Day

Olga
One morning I woke up, anticipating the play out of my day. Today was going to be different... not like every other "Plain old Jane" , casual (wake up, go to school, come home, and sleep until the next morning) type of day. I got up from my bed and made my way to the bathroom in order to brush my teeth. Oh boy was I out of luck when I realized that my little sister had just taken the last drop of toothpaste. Out of desperation, I decided to go ask my neighbors for some. After that hassle, I grabbed my towel and made my way to shower. One thing I hate most about showering is the beginning-- the sensation of being in the arctic circle for a quick ten seconds (I don't know how polar bears do it ). After experiencing the 10 seconds of brisk water touching my skin, I realized that there was no hot water. Moving on from that disaster, I got dressed, let my hair down, and headed to the bus stop.. not realizing that I had failed to watch the weather in the morning like I always do. I began to start biting my nails and look at my watch to what felt like every second. That's when I started to picture Mr.Byers screaming “minus 10 points”, while he turned red with smoke coming out his ears. I gazed upon the concrete floor because that's all I could do since my phone had fallen and broken the night before; I won't get into that because that's another story for another day. All of sudden, I see the sky becoming engulfed with gray clouds, as if it was the end of the world. Dozens of tiny black dots begin to cover the sidewalks. It had officially began to rain cats and dogs. An hour later, I walk into first period and attained the awareness that my physics finals were laying faced down on my desk; A test I had studied so hard for. With my heart skipping two beats at a time I graciously flip my paper to reveal a “F”. I was the girl who was drenched in rain, whose outfit that had been picked out a week before was ruined, and whose tight pin curls that took three days to make, had gone to waste. By the end, I had failed to maintain the skip in my step. I don't know why I attempted to change the balance of my nature if my birthday had always been another regular day anyway.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy