Weather: The Importance of the Unimportant

mhennen214
Weather means absolutely nothing. It is a mere additive on each and every day. No matter the weather, I get up, I go about my day, I go to bed. When I make plans for a day or a week in advance, the outside temperature is not something that I ponder over and fret about. Either, the weather is cold or hot: sunny or cloudy. The most drastic change that weather brings to my day is when I grab a sweatshirt to throw on for after school activities. Weather is not important to me and I don’t pay any attention to it.
However, when I awake in the morning, the sun is shining and I am warm enough to not desire to stay hidden in my fortress, clinging to my covers like every other day for the past three months. The robins outside have taken advantage of the sudden warm front and sing their sweet melodies loudly for all to hear. This changes things. How could I want to waste my day inside when the weather is so enjoyable? The spring day gives me energy in my bones and purpose in my mind to get things done and by productive. I want to feel the sun on my skin and the air blowing in my hair. I want to be one with nature and truly absorb the weather.
The weather that I had tried to ignore for the past season had surprised me in becoming something wonderful in the blink of an eye. I had failed to notice as something that was so insignificant was transforming into the best part of my day. In one morning, the previously unimportant weather had become tremendously important to how I lived my life.