Weather: When the Seasons Never Change

mandersgrace
The endless summer. Sun beating down on my sun kissed blonde hair. Blue eyes shining in the blazing sunlight looking out at the cool ocean in front of me. Sand beneath my toes and salty air filling my nostrils. A dream for most, but for me … an endless summer. The island of Hawaii is my home—though you couldn't tell if you were to see me. This being said, the only season I know is summer. Never have I felt the cool nip of fall, the bitter chill of winter, or the reawakening of spring. These all remain myths. Stories I hear from my parents about this thing they call snow—a powdery white confection or so I presume—and lakes of ice for ice-skating. A magical white wonderland to me, but a drawn out season to those who live in it. I just don't see how a world with such beautiful seasons could be so bad.
Leaves changing in the fall, a majestic thought. Big bold trees, shedding their plumes of color. Reds tumbling to the ground, yellows lofting on the wind, and oranges jetting down. Fiery leaves encompassing the world around, yet a nip of cold on your nose reminding you of the season. Blankets of leaves crunch beneath your feet. With the trees molting their leaves in preparation for the winter and the new beginning they will see come springtime. None of this I know to be true; it is simply how I imagine it to be.
Distinct changes in the passing of time portrayed by the seasons—something I have never witnessed my self. Life exists in summer to me. Never do I anticipate summer for its warm and sunny days, for that is what fall, winter, and spring are too. Christmas morning holds no hope for snow, instead another summer day spent at the beach. Life accustomed to these summer days takes appreciation away from the spectacular blessing it is.