STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

I Am Thankful for My Family

Maity
I am thankful for My Family
By: Maitlyn Pardue

I am thankful for many things. When I was seven months old, I was put in a foster home because my biological mother was going to jail. One Sunday morning, the bishop of my church said, “There is a baby that needs a place to stay for a while.” Robert Pardue, my new dad, said, “My wife and I will take the baby.” The Pardue family took me in, not knowing that they would fall in love with me. I lived with my foster family for a year. When I was a year and a half, my biological mother got me back. The Pardue family was heartbroken and they prayed for every opportunity to get to see me.
When I turned three years old my mother no longer wanted me. She called my wonderful grandmother and told her to come take me.
I lived with my grandmother for about five years. When I was eight I became very ill. My appendix ruptured, sending the infection throughout my body and to my heart. The doctor gave me an hour to live. God protected me, and through surgery, the surgeon was able to save me.
After I recovered, my grandmother’s health deteriorated and her eyesight failed. She was no longer able to take care of me. I was put up for adoption with two different families. I did not like any of them. I acted up so they would not want me. I was sent back to my mother.
I had many problems living with my mother. I moved to Tupelo, Mississippi to a group home for two years. Once I left the group home I had to move back with my mother.
In November of 2009, I went to church and met Robert Pardue for the first time in 14 years. My bishop recommended that I go and live again with the Pardue family.
My mother signed the papers to let me live with the Pardues. I moved in with my new family on December 11, 2009. I was officially adopted on July 7, 2010. I am now a Pardue.
I am thankful for family. I have been through so much in my life, giving me much to be thankful for. I am thankful for God and what he has done in my life. God has watched over me and over my years of struggles. I know that God wanted me in this family or else I would not have come full circle to the family that truly wanted me from the first.
I am thankful for the love that my family gives me. I know that no matter what, I have a family that loves me. I can become a wonderful person. Having a great and wonderful family is what I needed. I am so blessed to have my family. I am thankful for the struggles that God brought me through so that I may be with the Pardue family.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy