I Am Thankful for My Family

Maity
I am thankful for My Family
By: Maitlyn Pardue

I am thankful for many things. When I was seven months old, I was put in a foster home because my biological mother was going to jail. One Sunday morning, the bishop of my church said, “There is a baby that needs a place to stay for a while.” Robert Pardue, my new dad, said, “My wife and I will take the baby.” The Pardue family took me in, not knowing that they would fall in love with me. I lived with my foster family for a year. When I was a year and a half, my biological mother got me back. The Pardue family was heartbroken and they prayed for every opportunity to get to see me.
When I turned three years old my mother no longer wanted me. She called my wonderful grandmother and told her to come take me.
I lived with my grandmother for about five years. When I was eight I became very ill. My appendix ruptured, sending the infection throughout my body and to my heart. The doctor gave me an hour to live. God protected me, and through surgery, the surgeon was able to save me.
After I recovered, my grandmother’s health deteriorated and her eyesight failed. She was no longer able to take care of me. I was put up for adoption with two different families. I did not like any of them. I acted up so they would not want me. I was sent back to my mother.
I had many problems living with my mother. I moved to Tupelo, Mississippi to a group home for two years. Once I left the group home I had to move back with my mother.
In November of 2009, I went to church and met Robert Pardue for the first time in 14 years. My bishop recommended that I go and live again with the Pardue family.
My mother signed the papers to let me live with the Pardues. I moved in with my new family on December 11, 2009. I was officially adopted on July 7, 2010. I am now a Pardue.
I am thankful for family. I have been through so much in my life, giving me much to be thankful for. I am thankful for God and what he has done in my life. God has watched over me and over my years of struggles. I know that God wanted me in this family or else I would not have come full circle to the family that truly wanted me from the first.
I am thankful for the love that my family gives me. I know that no matter what, I have a family that loves me. I can become a wonderful person. Having a great and wonderful family is what I needed. I am so blessed to have my family. I am thankful for the struggles that God brought me through so that I may be with the Pardue family.