Weather: Death and Rebirth

adamimperiale
Every year, the desolate tempest of Winter rages upon Earth.

Entire meadows of delicate seedlings and vulnerable sod are suffocated by masses of snow and frost. One of the eldest trees, the Methuselah, perpetually sings tragedies of slaughtered saplings and empty harvests, lamenting the loss of life the world cherishes so deeply. Down below, in the depths of crystalline waters, aquatic creatures who are susceptible to the formidable cold turn to merciless ice. Their lives cease, and their hearts yearn for warmth in order to unfreeze—but they’re long gone. Insects’ wings are stained with painful frigidness, encumbering their flight to a pathetic flutter. The chill threatens to shatter their wings into wispy fragments; without flight, nature deems them useless. Warm-blooded creatures, too, are forced to endure the toils of the season despite their innate advantages. They retreat into the crevices of warmth they manage to scavenge, and dream of awakening to a much warmer Earth.

The world is lapsed into a period of stagnant oblivion. Life appears to be hopeless.

However . . . there is hope.

The promise of Spring reigns over the horizon.

As Winter reaches its sinful peak, and slowly comes to an end with a hiss, Spring begins with a resounding snap. The triumphant, radiant sun breaks from confinement and heals the cursed world of its despair. The dark, dreadful billows of clouds fade away, letting a clear, resonating sky takes its stand. The void of death that tainted the land and the waters is depleted of its evil—the jubilant, profound symphony of life starts up again. Vitality is rejuvenated to its ultimate form. A world of true beauty is unveiled again to the eyes.

Dreams have come true: Flowers blossom, winds waft, pollen scatters, waters drift, creatures rejoice. Joyful beings have awakened from their hopelessness to discover a metamorphosis of pure, rich life; everything graceful seems possible. The previous sounds of anguish and desolation are silenced and replaced by the serene reverberations of buzzing bees and sanative giggles. The previous scents of death and coldness cease to exist; tandems of rigorous fecundity travel sprightly through the enchanted air. Mother Nature has danced across Earth, and has sung Her song of rebirth.

Everything is alive.

It’s Spring. Every year, it’s Spring.