Weather: Brings People Together

esoderstrom18
When I was tucked away safely between my mom and dad, watching storms through the window was more than exciting. It was electrifying. Where would the lightning strike next? When would the next clap of thunder reverberate through my bones? The bursts of light zipped through the air and lit up the faces of my parents. The boom hit me like a brick wall, and sent me scampering towards my mom. The illumination of the choppy lake and thrashing trees was magical. Nights like those are the ones I remember most.
Weather, both good and bad, can create the memories that last forever. One night at camp last year there was a huge thunderstorm that ripped through the lake. We sat in our tent, huddled around each other, telling stories. It was that night when we bonded the most. The flashes of light surrounded us and the shake of thunder scared us into fits of laughter. The next morning, our equipment was soggy and packing up was slow, but the moments we shared during the storm were bright enough to shine through the darkness in the morning.
Unfortunately, sometimes the bad weather gives the community problems to deal with. When natural disasters strike, people are left without a home, food, and sometimes family. The remedy to cure destruction by nature is the bond the society has. People are forced to stick together in tough situations. They help each other and by doing so form friendships that can last forever.
As well as bad weather connecting people, good weather has a significant effect on human interaction. My neighborhood in suburban Minnesota always loves to wake up with warm weather. The hum of lawn mowers, bounce of basketballs and the screams of kids laughter can be heard at any given time on a sunny day. People stop to say hello on walks with their dogs, and my neighbors gather to catch up. The bonds between us are renewed, and it makes our community feel better about ourselves and our surroundings. Throw a dash of warmth, and my street block starts to feel like family.
Whether its good or bad, families, strangers, and neighbors come together to experience the numerous effects weather has. It might be good, it might be bad, but most of the time it enriches our life and helps us make relationships. And even if that doesn’t work, it always gives you a topic to talk about!