Weather: The Wonder of Thunderstorms

XxHol_LeyxX
When I was younger, I wasn't too fond of the rain. The rain brought thunderstorms, and thunderstorms frightened me. Therefore, I despised the rain. But, when I was about eight or nine years old, my family decided that we should go on a vacation. To Florida. As we planned this, I had no idea that it rained more times than not in Florida. We were there for six days; it rained five of those days. But Florida really was not what I expected it to be, it was completely different from the bipolar weather we had in Ohio. When it rained, it was warm still and sometimes the there would be sunlight shining down on you. And those rainy days were only that, it didn't turn into a roaring thunderstorm every time it rained. One day, though, the rain had become a thunderstorm. It was different to me, strange even. It wasn't loud and obnoxious, and it wasn't dark and dreary either. It was softer, the thunder rolling like waves through the air and the lightning danced to its own beat in the clouds. It brought a calming sensation that I've never got from a thunderstorm, and that fascinated me. I watched that storm for hours, never once shying away from the window. By the time we returned home a few days later, I loved the rain. Not just the rain from Florida, but the rain in general too. The rain brought thunderstorms, and I loved thunderstorms.