STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Weather: An issue to be locked into the cupboard?

ares1
Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, and snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather. - John Ruskin

This beautiful quote by John Ruskin reminds of our beautiful childhood days , when the wind played with our hair and the sun painted our faces gold , but these day don’t you think it’s the other way around ? Be it summers or winters we always seem to have a problem that the weather is reaching its extremities. This is the result of climate change, a challenge that faces us all. It is an important issue that needs to be brought out into the limelight as it is the foundation of our future. Some people might think that it is a hype and it doesn’t matter, but in reality the weather is changing and its changing fast.
Taking a recent example, in the valley of Jammu and Kashmir , India , we saw a huge flood caused by heavy rains . Many people died , the newspaper showed the fury and wrath of mother nature . Even as I sit in my room , I hear wind lashing at my windows and a single question pops into my mind – “if it can happen to them , what are the chances that it won’t happen to us ? ”
Another very important prospect of weather is how it changes our moods. Some people are fond of the wintry dun grey days and many enjoy the gold coppery rays of sun that adorn their body. I personally love the days when it’s the peak of summers and there are beads of perspiration on your forehead . But I am fond of winters too . I love the time when you curl up in your blankets and the gingery smell of cookies fills the house .
Autumn leaves crunching beneath your feet or the flowery smells wafting from the newly bloomed flowers of spring – all such a delight to the senses.
I reminisce my wintery birthday, but as a person who is so fond of summers and the heat, having their birthday in December is a pretty funny coincidence. A week before my birthday the forecasts showed a rise in the temperature .I thought ‘what an exciting year would this be? A break from the onslaught of winters’, but right on the morning of my birthday the weather changed and the wind cast a cold spell all around the city. My heart was a little disappointed but then later the wind started blowing and I love it when the wind blows. So the disappointment washed away very fast. Now that I think about it, it is that windy cold weather that makes my birthday special, the weather is a part of me.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy