Weather: An issue to be locked into the cupboard?

ares1
Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, and snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather. - John Ruskin

This beautiful quote by John Ruskin reminds of our beautiful childhood days , when the wind played with our hair and the sun painted our faces gold , but these day don’t you think it’s the other way around ? Be it summers or winters we always seem to have a problem that the weather is reaching its extremities. This is the result of climate change, a challenge that faces us all. It is an important issue that needs to be brought out into the limelight as it is the foundation of our future. Some people might think that it is a hype and it doesn’t matter, but in reality the weather is changing and its changing fast.
Taking a recent example, in the valley of Jammu and Kashmir , India , we saw a huge flood caused by heavy rains . Many people died , the newspaper showed the fury and wrath of mother nature . Even as I sit in my room , I hear wind lashing at my windows and a single question pops into my mind – “if it can happen to them , what are the chances that it won’t happen to us ? ”
Another very important prospect of weather is how it changes our moods. Some people are fond of the wintry dun grey days and many enjoy the gold coppery rays of sun that adorn their body. I personally love the days when it’s the peak of summers and there are beads of perspiration on your forehead . But I am fond of winters too . I love the time when you curl up in your blankets and the gingery smell of cookies fills the house .
Autumn leaves crunching beneath your feet or the flowery smells wafting from the newly bloomed flowers of spring – all such a delight to the senses.
I reminisce my wintery birthday, but as a person who is so fond of summers and the heat, having their birthday in December is a pretty funny coincidence. A week before my birthday the forecasts showed a rise in the temperature .I thought ‘what an exciting year would this be? A break from the onslaught of winters’, but right on the morning of my birthday the weather changed and the wind cast a cold spell all around the city. My heart was a little disappointed but then later the wind started blowing and I love it when the wind blows. So the disappointment washed away very fast. Now that I think about it, it is that windy cold weather that makes my birthday special, the weather is a part of me.