Weather: Mother Nature follows no rules

Phoebe
Everything is changing and not for the better. Everyday day the earth is changing whether you know it or not. Whether it may be a small or big change, it is happening. It may not be happening to you, but it is affecting someone somewhere else. Just because global warming is not happening to you, doesn’t mean it is not a big of a deal. It is happening and before you know it, it’ll be too late to do anything about it. You are part of the problem but also part of the solution.
Global warming has been worst than before these past years with hurricanes reaching as far north as New York and snow late in March, just shy of April. March comes in like a lion, and March goes out like a lamb but clearly the lion has decided to stay longer. In October 2012, Hurricane Sandy swept through the Caribbean and up the East Coast of the United States. This storm has left dozens dead, thousands homeless and millions without power. The total damage was expected to be in the billions of dollars. And this was suppose to be a late-season post-tropical cyclone which should not have caused this much problems if we have treated earth right.
I heard about global warming and pollution for the first time when I was only about seven years old, and I thought to myself, why are we not doing anything to stop it? Do we not live on this planet that has given us so much? Yet we do so little in return for all the care mother nature has given us. I remember asking my parents and teachers about this and they said that we could only do so much with all the knowledge and resources we have right now. But what if we tried harder? Would that make a difference between having an ozone hole or not? Or more or less greenhouse gases? Yet, here we are looking for a new planet to live off of instead of trying to fix the problems that we have caused. We have caused so much damage to Earth and if we have the resources to look for a new Earth-like planet, then don’t we have enough resources to find a way to help Earth instead?
I believe that if one person starts to help, it’ll change the minds of others like the butterfly effect. Obviously not every single person will change their ways, but soon more than the majority would be helping and creating a better future for the generations to come. I know that if we try hard enough and push ourselves, we can really make a difference in this world. We are all human and we are here together living as equals on Earth and it is our responsibility to take care of it during both the good and bad times.