STAGE OF LIFE       Share Your Story       Coupons       Education Resources

Weather: Mother Nature follows no rules

Phoebe
Everything is changing and not for the better. Everyday day the earth is changing whether you know it or not. Whether it may be a small or big change, it is happening. It may not be happening to you, but it is affecting someone somewhere else. Just because global warming is not happening to you, doesn’t mean it is not a big of a deal. It is happening and before you know it, it’ll be too late to do anything about it. You are part of the problem but also part of the solution.
Global warming has been worst than before these past years with hurricanes reaching as far north as New York and snow late in March, just shy of April. March comes in like a lion, and March goes out like a lamb but clearly the lion has decided to stay longer. In October 2012, Hurricane Sandy swept through the Caribbean and up the East Coast of the United States. This storm has left dozens dead, thousands homeless and millions without power. The total damage was expected to be in the billions of dollars. And this was suppose to be a late-season post-tropical cyclone which should not have caused this much problems if we have treated earth right.
I heard about global warming and pollution for the first time when I was only about seven years old, and I thought to myself, why are we not doing anything to stop it? Do we not live on this planet that has given us so much? Yet we do so little in return for all the care mother nature has given us. I remember asking my parents and teachers about this and they said that we could only do so much with all the knowledge and resources we have right now. But what if we tried harder? Would that make a difference between having an ozone hole or not? Or more or less greenhouse gases? Yet, here we are looking for a new planet to live off of instead of trying to fix the problems that we have caused. We have caused so much damage to Earth and if we have the resources to look for a new Earth-like planet, then don’t we have enough resources to find a way to help Earth instead?
I believe that if one person starts to help, it’ll change the minds of others like the butterfly effect. Obviously not every single person will change their ways, but soon more than the majority would be helping and creating a better future for the generations to come. I know that if we try hard enough and push ourselves, we can really make a difference in this world. We are all human and we are here together living as equals on Earth and it is our responsibility to take care of it during both the good and bad times.
Rate this:

About StageofLife.comAbout Us:  StageofLife.com is a free blogging and writing community for high school students that allows teens the opportunity to share their personal stories and essays in an online life journal via their free Stage of Life account.  Check out our national Teen Trend Reports, and make sure to explore the writing contests for high school students, inspirational videos for teens, statistics about students, quotes about high school, and other resources about High School here on StageofLife.com.  Register to start your free writing profile, share an essay about your life, and help us change the world, one story at a time.  If you are a teacher - review our Language Arts Teaching Resources.

Writing Contest Archive - Students

Writing Contests and Teen Trend Reports

StageofLife.com Student Writing Contests

Below you will find all of the monthly writing contests and teen trend reports from the last five years hosted by StageofLife.com.  Our dedication to digital literacy efforts have reached over 1,000,000 students and teachers in the last half decade, received mention on TIME.com, and features in the news.  Feel free to click through and read the top essay submissions from any given month.  StageofLife.com is honored to be one of the most-visited writing contests for students in the world.  We love working with you as we celebrate the journey as life-long readers and writers...

2016 Writing Contests

Writing Contest for High School Students

2015 Writing Contests

2014 Writing Contests

2013 Writing Contests

2012 Writing Contests

2011 Writing Contests

2010 Writing Contests

Stage of Life Mission Statement

Find Us on Facebook      Follow Us on Twitter     Read our Founder's Blog

StageofLife.com was launched in 2009 as the premier destination for people of all ages to find information, coupons, and stories about one of ten key stage of life transitions:  high school, college, on my own, wedding, married without children, having a baby, home ownership, parenting, grand parenting, and empty nest/retirement.  Nearly 1 million visitors come to the site each year to find information about their stage of life.  Stage of Life users (teens, college students, Millennials, Gen Y, Gen X, and Baby Boomers) can also share and archive their life stories via their Stage of Life profile page.  Specialized content includes statistics, quotes, videos, financial tips, coupons, news, writing contests, and more tailored to each of the 10 life stages featured.  My Life Rewards® is the free discount program for all Stage of Life users, readers and writers dedicated to providing printable coupons and coupon codes tailored towards each stage of life.

Terms of Service and Privacy