Weather: What type of future do you want?

sanjichowdhury1
Climate change is real. I don’t see how anybody can think otherwise. There is so much evidence proving that our home planet is changing. Temperatures are rising, and humans are the main cause for it. We release carbon dioxide into the atmosphere like there’s no tomorrow. Too bad if we keep living the way we do, there really will be no tomorrow.
Most people don’t think about the consequences of global warming/ climate change. If it doesn’t affect you, it definitely affects someone else. Sea levels are rising. Extreme storms occur more often in some areas. There are more severe droughts. Still don’t think it’s a problem? It may not be a problem now, but think about the future. Imagine one hundred years from now, you’ll be long gone but you’ll probably have children, grandchildren, etc. who are still alive. You’ll hope that the people that mean the most in your life will live a happy life, right? How would you feel if you saw them living a terrible life because of extreme heat waves, heavy downpours, etc.? Imagine your granddaughter suffers from bad allergies and asthma. The bad air caused from climate change would be a serious threat to her and it would make it even more difficult to breathe. Now imagine your grandson loves polar bears and is so excited to see them at the zoo. Too bad they’ll probably be extinct because of the melting polar ice caps. This probably isn’t the future you or anyone else imagined. If we keep living the way we still do, the world will look like chaos.
If we all tried, we could create a safe future. We may not see it now, but the earth isn’t doing so well, and we need to help it. Unless you’re sadistic, I don’t think that you want to create pain and suffering for those in the future. This isn’t like some diet where you’re only benefiting yourself, but you’re benefiting many other people. Maybe in the future, Earth will go back to the way it used to be: beautiful.