Weather: Mother Nature Attacks

rachellau1499
When I was six years old, I witnessed a huge storm that took the lives of an innocent woman and her daughter. On this night, I was sleeping in my warm, cozy bed, not knowing what was going on outside. I woke up because I heard a lot of noise coming from my window. When I opened my eyes I was startled by a loud humming sound from above my house. Attached to a huge life flight helicopter, was a light going back and forth that shined in my eyes.
I got up out of my bed and walked towards my parents bedroom. Their bed was empty, and my dog was laying on the floor. I looked at him and got down on my knees and hugged him. Tears started pouring out of my eyes because I was so scared. I didn't know where my parents were and there seemed to be a lot of things going on outside.
Outside was my mom and dad standing in at least 2 feet of water. Our backyard and whole town was flooded. I screamed for my mom to come to me, but instead my dad came and brought me back inside. He explained to me that the flood caused a mom and her little girl to go off the bridge while they were in their car. The firefighters were trying to reach them and told them to stay in the car because it was safer.
The farther the car went down the creek, the more dangerous it got for them to be rescued. One of the firefighters got hit in the leg by a log and was injured severely. They had one last chance to get to the car, but it was too late. It had gone so far down the creek, that it reached a bridge and went under. It never came back up.
Ever since that horrible night, my town has tried to do more things to help prevent such massive flooding. None of us want to see a storm like that again. Our friends and neighbors thought it was my mom and I in the car when they first heard about it because I was the same age as the young girl. Although I didn't know them personally, they'll forever be in my heart. I'll never fully understand why such a bad thing had to happen to them. I guess Mother Nature was a little angry and decided to attack.