Weather: The Bliss of Rain

biancaliri
Most people cringe at weather reports that ultimately doom our outdoor adventures, but for me, instead of dampening my day (literally), it brightens it. Maybe you could attribute it to the fact that I’m an April baby- a month destined for rain, however, most other spawns of April aren’t in accordance with me when it comes to my rapture with rain. Ostensibly, those who find joy and peace of mind during rainy days are known as pluviophiles, but let me tell you, my adulation of rain exceeds that of a simple definition or label; rain awakens my soul on the darkest of days.
Waking up to raindrop adorned windows is always an anticipated surprise. On days when arising from my deep slumber at 6:30 in the morning seems like the most gargantuan task, sliding on my favorite pair of black rain boots makes my life substantially easier. Rain kick starts daydreams as you stare out the dreary windows in school and makes you feel safe in an unconventional way. When all you see beyond the rigid doors of school are a dark sky and thundershowers, it makes you feel like you’re not missing out on anything. Nobody is out there having that much of a better time than you are because in a way, they are just as confined.
Rain doesn’t let you feel alone. It opens you to the idea that there are millions of other people and things out there with a similar internal struggle. It forces you to reflect upon yourself and find peace within the simplicity of it. The smell of a fresh shower has the power to invigorate not only your senses, but your day. Its soothing sound helps me fall asleep during the most restless nights and lets me wake up with a sense of security and serenity.
It is unquestionable that I have an overflowing amount of love for rain and its effects. Sometimes, in life, it’s easy to castigate things that are out of our control because of their ability to unexpectedly alter our plans. However, next time you grimace at the 7-day forecast predestining you for rain, take a different outlook; it’s easy to find beauty in the most trivial things.