I'm Thankful for Opportunities

hannahmawyer
I am extremely blessed because I have been given outstanding opportunities all throughout my life. Whether it's from some serious luck or god or whatever higher power you do or don't believe in, I have been graced with more opportunities then any other person I know. And I recognize this and try to take advantage of them as well as I can because I know there are people all over the world who would love to have only a fraction of all the chances I have to have fun and learn and experience all that I have been able to.
Everyday I think about what I've been given and I rejoice and give thanks. I have been to 32 of 50 states, joined hundreds of clubs and after school activities, and I have good grades and a loving family. And I know there are people, even some in my very own small town community, who don't even have the opportunity for a good education because they don't have parents to help with homework and to care about their school life... Some kids at my school don't even have a place to do their homework, not to mention parents who help them with it.
Some people are born into rich families and good fortune has fallen into their lap on a silver platter, and other people have had to scrounge for the smallest glimpse of hope to make a future for themselves, but I'm not either of those people. I don't have a rich family, we have barely enough to get by, but we do get by with a little bit of wiggle room. And I am thankful that I have had enough good fortune to be given opportunities at all, and I am also thankful that I have had to teach myself how to work hard to get where I want to go.