Weather: The Sky Cries Too

murphasaures
Often I find myself drowning in my own thoughts and problems paralyzed by stress and anxiety and in times like that my fears are unfailingly quelled by a faint petrichor I encounter when walking to class, or a summery breeze in March whose warmth I carry with me throughout the day nostalgic for summertime. Mother nature helps sustain me when I am broken. In August of 2012 my uncle passed away at age 44 of a heart attack. This was a crushing blow, that devistated my family. I receeded into the dark corridors of my psyche to mull over the concept of death. On the day of the funeral, I didn't know what to feel, but as soon as I saw my uncle's body in the casket the tears began to well up in my eyes. I quickly searched for an escape and made my way to the nearest exit. I sat down outside and fealt like I could breathe again, nature felt my pain and the downpour began. The sky cried and showed me the earth felt the loss of this human soul and assured me that things sometimes feel heavy and huge, but one day the rain clouds will empty.